Sunday, January 30, 2011

I want to ride my BICYCLE!


    We have acquired another bike rider in our family!  Jeremy spent the past 2 days encouraging Mia to try it (not to mention wiping tears and running behind her up and down the street). She is usually easily convinced to try new things, so we were surprised when she was hesitant.  She is not  big on pain however, so when Jackson told her he fell down a couple of times when he was learning, she wanted no part of it.  So, she then had to weigh eating the pavement against riding with all of her friends.  Of course fun won her over and her lessons began.  We are fortunate to have about 20 kids in our neighborhood to run around with, so she is very excited to get to go on all the adventures now.  All of our kids love to be outside, so riding a bike is essential!  I thank God that we live in a place where our children actually have a yard and a whole gang of kids to hang out with and neighbors that we actually know and talk to often.  I always wanted to live in a big city, but I am grateful for God's provision in our lives, especially for the simple things like this.  He's got us right where He wants us!







2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I've come across your blog! These pictures are so sweet... to see a dad encouraging his little girl and teaching her something new is simply precious! Your kids are all so cute but I don't know how you do it with four. I'm still learning how to handle two!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Whitney! He really is great with her. I'm afraid he has most of the patience of the two of us. We are very blessed to have our 4 children, and we are also still learning!

    ReplyDelete