Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Adventure

     As I begin to write, I have a 3 year old asking (repeatedly) for grapes, a 6 year old in full makeup, an 8 year old telling the 6 year old how awful her makeover looks, & an 11 month old obsessed with turning off my computer!  We are on "snow day" #3!  I meant to begin this on January 1, but like most things, life got in the way & I didn't have time to start until now!  I figure this is the easiest, fastest way for me to keep up with my life at this point.  I am Leah Fowler Robison. I am saved by grace through Jesus Christ, joyfully married to my sweetheart Jeremy for 9 years,  & a mother to 4: Jackson, Mia, Parker, & Everett.
     A little bit of background on the Robison family.  We live in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.  The same town where Jeremy & I grew up, fell in love, & got married.  Like most "kids" we were going to go to college, get amazing jobs, & get as far from this small town as we could.  Of course, God had His perfect plan already finished for us. We got married, had our first baby, & made the best of it.  I worked while Jeremy finished school at UAH. He graduated with a civil engineering degree.  He interviewed all over the southeast & got his first job as an assisstant county engineer in Conecuh County, Alabama.  We knew it was a small town, but it was far from here, so we were excited!  Little did we know how much we would miss this little town we were so anxious to be rid of.  We spent the next few years working our way back "home".  Jeremy took a job in Clanton, Alabama, where we were thrilled to find out we were expecting our daughter.  Before she was born, Jeremy got the job as assisstant Colbert County engineer.  We were going home!  So this is where we are for now.  Close to family & friends.  I drive my kids to school at the same place I went.  They even have some of the same teachers I had.  For us, this is where we want to be.  God may change that tomorrow & move us miles away, but I truly believe we are here to stay.  So, that's us in a nutshell.

     Sunday was my 31st birthday. That night around 7 p.m. the snow began to fall.  We ended up with 10 inches!  So, Jackson (3rd grade) & Mia (kindergarten) have been home with us since last Friday.  Parker is overjoyed.  He misses them so much when they are at school.  I don't think Jackson has been out of his sight(or light saber range) since he's been home!  Everett isn't quite sure what to think.  He has so many hands reaching for him all day, I think he will be happy to have a break from everyone.
     I am hoping to keep this up as my time will allow.  There are so many things that happen in our day to day lives that I would love to be able to look back & recall.  God has blessed me with the best job in the world & I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I can't wait to see what He will do to us & through us as this year progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment