Thursday, May 26, 2011

♪Schoooool's out for Sum-mah!♫

    SUMMER IS HERE!  I am so proud of Jackson and Mia for all they've accomplished this year. Jackson's 3rd grade honors day was Wednesday morning and I was so proud to watch him walk up and receive his awards.  He got "A" honor roll, Math Bug Club, and the Good Citizen Award.  I think the most exciting part of  Jackson's day was getting to see Mrs. Guthrie and meet her twins!  She was Jackson's teacher until Christmas, when she moved.  We have kept up with her on facebook and love seeing those baby's sweet faces, but they are so much sweeter in person!   After Christmas Mrs. South took Mrs. Guthrie's place, and Jackson has loved her too.  We were so lucky to get 2 amazing teachers this year!  As I watched them "graduate" it dawned on me that this is it.  These are the kids that he will be with until he graduates high school.  All the 3rd graders know each other and they will be together until it's all over.  Gets me misty eyed to think of all that time ahead of us that's going to pass in the blink of an eye!  Jackson and his dad made a deal at the first of the year, that if Jackson made all A's Jeremy would get him an Ipod, so he got his prize.  I think it's just as much for Jeremy as it is for Jackson, but they are both thrilled!
     Mia has all S's on her report card but most importantly she is becoming a great reader!  Nana took Mia and Kenzie out to get mani/pedi's yesterday afternoon for a treat.  She also got them new flip-flops, a summer scarf, and they stopped for Dip-n-Dots.  Today we went to pick up report cards and visit with our teachers one last time.  This year has flown by, and I know it's just going faster each day, so I hope this summer can give us some good memories together while the kids are all still "kids".  In approximately 10 weeks I will have a 4th grader, a 1st grader, a preschooler and an 18 month old.  Each of the kids have written their own blog below about their year.  We have talked about the year we just had and the year coming up.  We have discussed excitements and fears about new school's, new subjects, new teachers, etc.  We are praying now for God to ease the anxieties that come with change, and also praying for the teachers we will have.  For now those thoughts are distant, but we are always looking ahead and praying for that future grace!

As told to me by Mia:
     We had a program for graduating of kindergarten.  We had fun and made new friends at the beginning of school.  My friends are Sammi, Maudie, Abby, Ashlyn, and Nevaeh.  We met some people from the giraffe class. And I made a couple friends in the bear class.  Lakyn, John Brody, Graham, Elizabeth (an old friend from preschool).  My favorite thing was centers and my favorite center was the reading loft.  We learned math and how to read a few books.  I will miss our school when we actually graduate.  I'm scared about 1st grade because you have to know how to read everything.  My teacher is Mrs. Armstrong.  I will miss her when I go to 1st grade.

Mia on her first day of kindergarten.

Mia on her last day of kindergarten.  She's turned into quite the rock star over the past year, hasn't she!

 Mia, Jackson, and Parker playing in the reading loft on Mia's last day.

 Mia and Mrs. Bonnie

Mia with her teacher, Mrs. Armstrong


This blog has been brought to you by Jackson Robison:
     When I go to 4th grade I will miss  both of my teachers Mrs.South and Mrs.Guthrie. I will be afraid to go to 4th grade because the school bully might be in my class. My four best friends are Dawson, Max, Aliee, and Anna Kate. I learned how to multiply and divide this year. I have 21 kids in my class. In field day I won  three blue ribbons, one red, and one black. I made all A's all year long.

Jackson's first day of 3rd grade.

Jackson's last day of 3rd grade.

Jackson's in Mrs. South's class (front and center).  You can barely see his head on the left in the 3rd row.

 Jackson receiving his awards.  He was going so fast I barely even snapped his picture!

  Trey, Blake, and Jackson with Mrs. Guthrie. 

Jackson and Mrs. South

No comments:

Post a Comment