Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kid's Camp

     I just dropped Jackson off at church for his first ever trip to Kid's Camp.  He has never stayed away from home longer than 1 night, and even that is usually just at a friend's or a grandparent's house.  His daddy seems to be having the hardest time (as we knew he would) ☺.  This is the first time he will have to be totally responsible for himself and his belongings, which makes me a little apprehensive, but it's good for him and for me.  Truthfully, if he can just remember to brush his teeth I will consider this trip a success!  They left around 7:30 this morning, travelling to Hargis Retreat in Chelsea, Alabama, and from the website it looks like Jackson's kind of place.  They will be hiking, swimming, fishing, camping, and basically getting completely filthy. As a surprise to the kids they are also stopping at Tree Top Family Adventures theme park on the way to camp.  He is very excited that his friend Dawson is getting to go too, as well as lots of kids in his class at church. I know he will have a great time, and I pray God will stir his heart to faith.  I can't wait to hear all about it when he gets home!

Jackson and John Michael

Jackson and buddies before loading up

Dawson and Jackson heading to the bus

No comments:

Post a Comment