Friday, July 22, 2011

Early Mornings & A New Prize

     Yes, you read that right, I have been getting up EARLY to walk/jog every morning this week. Trying to look fabulous (or close to it) for our cruise in September.  I haven't dropped dead yet, so that's a plus.  And I get to draw the attention of all the construction workers that are building the house right next door to us (insert sarcasm).  I know they probably think someone is chasing me. Why else would a fat girl be running down the road so early in the morning?  So, if you see me out eating junk food, I give you permission to scold me.  Well, maybe not on the weekends.  And maybe not if it's chocolate.  And the new Five Guys did just open up in Florence. Ok, never mind.  Just say hi and move on.  Jeremy gets up at 5ish to get to work by 6 a.m., so I have been getting up when his alarm goes off (the 2nd or 3rd time) and hitting the road.  If you know me, you know I love my sleep.  But I do have to say once I'm up I'm glad about it.  I can get so much done before the kids are up wanting breakfast, and I can even have an actual  "quiet" time and read the paper all by myself.  Speaking of reading, look what I just got!
     SO EXCITED!  I love to read almost as much as I love to sleep.  I have been looking at these for a while and trying to decide between the Kindle or the Nook Color, and wouldn't you know the gift fairy shows up with this!  Jackson is almost as excited as I am because he shares my love of books.  I have played around a little bit on it, but I'll let Jeremy figure out all the technical stuff and just show me how to use it.  Lucky for me that's one thing Jeremy does love to read is an owner's manual!
     Not much else going on these days.  Jackson finished basketball clinic last night and I think he learned a few things. Mia has new shoes, and that's all she wants to talk about.  She's been trying on different outfits with them ever since last night.  Parker has discovered the game of Clue, but he only wants to get the little weapons out and kill the "people" with them.  Everett is teething, and is as clingy as ever.  I did sell a few things on eBay this week and booked our first excursion for Costa Maya with the proceeds, so I'm pretty pumped about that.  You can find me here in approximately 8 weeks


    Now if I could only find some more stuff to sell I'll have it made!  So, we are just counting down the days until school and our beach trip.  I don't mind the heat so much when there's sand and surf to go with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment