Thursday, September 15, 2011

Double Celebration


    Last night we all went out to celebrate Mom and Carley's birthdays.  When I say all I mean ALL.  Us with our 4, Matt and Kristen with their 4, Mom, Dad, Carley and Michael (the boyfriend).  It's always interesting when a party of 16 shows up at a restaurant and half of them are under the age of 9.  When our waiter showed up he informed us that we were his first large party to ever wait on.  What a way to get broken in!The kids behaved pretty well until they were all full, then Matt took them outside to play.  I snapped this pic as a few of them were scaling the wall outside Rosie's.


     Mom's birthday was yesterday and Carley's is today.  Homecoming is this week also, and the bonfire for the game is tonight, so we knew Carley would have plans.  And what 17 year old wants to spend her birthday with 8 nieces and nephews anyway, right?  I can't believe she is that old!  I was a freshman in high school when she was born.  I can remember being in lunch when my dad came in and told me mom was in the hospital and in labor.  I checked out and we spent the next few hours waiting on Carley to arrive.  Our lifelong friend's Lessa and Sarah Willis waited with us.  When Carley finally made an appearance the nurse came out and said only family could come in to see her.  We told her Lessa was our aunt, and even now they are lovingly known as Aunt Lessa and Uncle Neal by all of us and our kids.  Seems like yesterday and forever ago all at the same time!  Happy Birthday to 2 of my favorite ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment