Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cozumel, Mexico

     Cozumel was the most Americanized place we visited.  Still lots of security in the port area.  I think there were 4 ships docked the day we were there, so everything was crowded.  We went to a beach resort called Nachi Cocom.  It was the prettiest beach we saw.  This is the deep turquoise water you see on vacation brochures.  Jeremy got to snorkel again here and he took along his underwater camera this time.  Once he gets all his pictures I will post what he saw.  This was mainly a lay around the beach and pool day, which we were glad to do after our long day in Belize.  This was another all inclusive resort, but there were many more people here.  The same group from Memphis was here and we talked to them for a while.  I didn't take many pictures here because I was relaxing too much to get my camera out a whole lot!  It was a good last port day before we headed home.  We did most of our shopping here.  Everyone loves to bargain, and we did pretty good on the stuff we wanted.  There were a lot of jewelry stores, but I don't wear much so we didn't go into any.  One of the owners was outside his shop and told us to come in and look around.  Jeremy told him we didn't have enough money for jewelry and without missing a beat he looked straight at Jeremy and said, "Yeah right.  You saying you have no money is like a Chinese man saying he's not a communist", and then he proceeded to hassle the next tourist.  I guess that shows you how they view Americans.  After much convincing Jeremy let me get the kids sombreros.  I just knew they'd all love my idea of painting on mustaches and being a mariachi band for Halloween, but sadly they just laughed at my brilliant idea.  I mean how cute would they be in their hats, with maracas and guitars trick-or-treating?  Anyway, we made our purchases and headed back to the ship. 







Jeremy's snorkel trip

Jeremy's shoes.  Just had to get a shot of those in.

     It really was a wonderful vacation.  It's wonderful to have parents that are so involved in our lives that they are willing to take on the day-to-day for a whole week for me!  We will never be able to thank them, but it really meant the world to us.  It's the first time we've ever been away together like that, and we needed it.  I'm sure it will be another 10 years before we're able to do it again.  By then our kids will be 19, 16, 14, and 11.  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment