Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Tradition #1



     I thought I would use a few posts to write about some of our family's traditions around Christmas time.  A few nights ago we all piled into the van, grabbed a treat from Sonic, and drove out to Spring Valley to see the "Wright's Lights".  I have been doing this since I was a kid and it still amazes me.  It's a 3 acre spread of Christmas lights and decorations.  They have everything you can imagine.  I've never been when there wasn't a line of cars already there.  When you get there, you turn your headlights off and drive through very slowly to look at everything.  If you're in our car when you get there, you get to unbuckle your seatbelt and hang your head out of the nearest window so you can see everything.  This usually involves at least a couple of kids climbing into the front with us to use our windows as well.  We do this a few times during December, and I still don't know if we've ever seen it all!  Just one of the many things that has become a tradition for us!





No comments:

Post a Comment