Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Stockings Were (finally) Hung by the Chimney with Care . . .

     Many, many years ago (we'll just say 30+), my mother cross-stitched my Christmas stocking.  It had a little rhyme about Santa on it and my name on the bottom.  Fast forward to mine and Jeremy's first Christmas as a married couple.  The first present I ever gave him was his stocking.  Mom dug out the pattern from all those years ago, and I bought the supplies and stitched it myself.  I made it pretty much the same, but with a few little changes.  When our children came along, their first Christmas present was always their handmade stocking, with their own little design to it.  And then there was Everett.  I have just finished his stocking.  Yes, he's almost 2 years old and this is his 2nd Christmas.  I tried my best to get it done last year, but it just never happened.  Here's my list of excuses:  1.  We were still settling into our new house,  2. I was still adjusting to having 4 kids, 2 of which were now in school,  3. If I sat still for longer than 10 minutes I would fall asleep since Everett was still getting up to eat in the middle of the night.  All good excuses in my book.  But it's finished this year, so all 6 are hanging and waiting to be filled.  I hope my kids will love their stockings as much as I love mine, and for the same reason.  Because their mommy made it just for them!






No comments:

Post a Comment