Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday . . . You're Old!

     This was confirmed by my lovely daughter at 7 a.m. yesterday morning as she was eating breakfast.  And I quote, "Just 3 more years and you'll be middle aged!"  First of all, to whomever taught her the words middle aged, thank you.  Second, she's about right.  Despite my oldness, I am thankful for another year with the ones God has given me.  I try to save my resolutions for my birthday instead of the new year, so here it is.  At 32 I plan to end my streak of being the eternal pessimist.  I like the term realist better, but my husband would beg to differ.  He is the eternal optimist, so I am going to try to follow his lead. 
     I had a busy day yesterday of the usual carpool, grocery run, pick up toys, sweep, laundry, dishes, pick up toys, etc. When the kids got home they gave me their presents.  Mia made me a pot holder and a card and Jackson made me a card and stuck $2.00 inside.  Cash is always his favorite gift, so I guess he figured I'd like it as well (and I do!).  When I opened it he said, "ka-ching!".  Last night we all went to Pop and Nana's house with the pretense of a birthday celebration, but we were really there to watch the Tide Roll.  Pizza, wings, pigs-in-a-blanket, petit fors, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, 8 little loud mouths, and a 21-0 victory for our Bama boys made for a great night.  It is well known that my husband can be a little loud (bordering on obnoxious) during games, especially when the National Championship is up for grabs, and last night was no exception.  He usually scares the crap out of at least one of the kids at every game.  Mia and Kenzie finally made everyone signs to hold up, and promptly told Jeremy that he should wave that in the air instead of shouting.  All this excitement gave me a nice little birthday headache, so Everett and I went home before 9 p.m.  Since it had been raining, we had driven the 3 doors down to my parents house.  Jeremy had to wait until a commercial break in the game, then he rushed us home and got back before the game restarted.  Everett practically ran to his bed and fell asleep, so I snuggled up in my comfy-cozies and turned on the game.  Everyone else came home by 10 p.m. and crashed, then Jeremy and I finished the game together.  I am surprised he could even go to sleep as excited as he was when that game was over.  Sadly, I took zero pictures of anything yesterday.  Grandma had given all the kids new Alabama shirts to wear for Christmas, so we were all decked out and looked like the biggest fans ever.  I wish I had gotten someone to take a picture of us all, but I didn't even remember to bring my camera to mom's.  So I will leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment