Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stuff That's Going on Here

    I really have no better title for this post.  It's just a bunch of random stuff that we have going on right now.  Let's start with my kitchen.  I would also include a pic of my dining room, but it's a carbon copy of the kitchen right now. 


Why does it look like a storage shed?  Because my husband is doing this to our room. 



Our friends are building a house right across the street from us and they had extra wood flooring left over, so Jeremy bought it and is putting it down in the master bedroom this weekend.  I am trying to help as much as possible, but I have no idea what I'm doing.  Mainly I sweep, bring in meals and snacks, and try to keep the kids out while he's working.  We have 2 different couples interested in our house, so we're hoping we will be done with our project and have it ready to show by Monday evening.  The highlight of all this DIYing for me is that we get to put the mattress on the floor to sleep.  Our bed is so tall that I always feel like a kid trying to jump onto it, so it's been nice to literally fall into bed at night! 
     As I was toting empty flooring boxes to the street today, our mail lady handed me a package with this in it. 


It's the blog book I ordered from my 2011 posts.  I was so excited to get to see our year all bound up in one big book.  If I'd had the cash flow I would've gotten a copy for each of the kids, but I guess when I'm long gone they'll have to take turns with just the one copy.  I am very impressed with the quality of the book, and I can't wait to sit down with my coffee later and look through it all.  I'm so glad I started chronicling our family life this way.  So many things would be forgotten if I hadn't written it down.  I hope my kids and grandkids will appreciate the memories one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment