Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy SURPRISE Birthday!


     For as long as I can remember, Jackson has wanted a surprise party.  Since he turns the big 1-0 this year we attempted it.  Before we sold our house we had been tossing around ideas, but the one Jackson always came back to was laser tag.  When our house sold so quickly I knew I had the perfect excuse about moving his party back a few weeks.  I told him with all the packing/moving/unpacking/building that was about to take place we may have to put a hold on laser tag until the first or second week in March.  I could tell he was disappointed, but he said that would be alright.  I called The Next Level in Tuscumbia and booked the laser tag for last night from 8-10 p.m., which was a blessing in disguise.  I had wanted the 5-7 p.m. party slot, but it was already booked so I had to take the later one.  Since we didn't get home from the wrestling tournament until almost 6 p.m., I had just enough time to stall Jackson and get everything over to the party place.  Everything I had been collecting for the party I had hidden at mom's house, so I flew over there and mom, Mia, and I loaded up our cars.  Our awesome cake was being delivered to us, and I was so excited to see it.  Heather did an amazing job, and everyone loved it.  I wondered if the party would still be a surprise since so many of Jackson's friends knew about it.  I sent invites to all the boys in his class, along with a few other friends, so I thought one of them would probably tell, but he seemed to be genuinely surprised when he walked in.  Jeremy called right before they pulled up so all of his friends hid and yelled SURPRISE when he came in.  He looked stunned, so I took it that he didn't know about the party.  They wasted no time in getting a lesson on how the laser guns worked.  Everyone got a gun and a glow stick and took off running.  The lights went out, the music, fog, and lasers came on, and the whole place was wild.  When the boys finally were worn out we sang Happy Birthday to Jackson and he blew out his candles.  They filled up on junk food and opened presents.  That's about when the sugar kicked in and they all went crazy again.  We still had a few minutes left so the guy blew up the bouncy slide for them and they played until time to go home.  It was around 11 p.m. by the time we got pj's on and everyone settled into bed.  The kids fell asleep with their glow necklaces and light up balloons hooked to the bunk bed as a night light.  I know Jackson had a great time, and I still can't believe he will be 10 in a couple of days!

Heather's amazing creation for our party!

I loved the little laser tag guys hiding out with their guns.

Jackson walking into his party

Very surprised it seems!

 Laser tag briefing


Mia decides to give it a try





Trying to blow them all out as I lit them



I see this look often.  Can't wait til the teen years!

Mia and Parker enjoying refreshments

Everyone


Counting his $$$

Everett running away with the legos



No comments:

Post a Comment