Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Confessions of a Chore Hater

Hello. 


My name is Leah. 



I'm a procrastinating laundress. 


     I don't know what it is about laundry, but I will do anything to get out of it.  It's not really so much the washing and drying as it is the folding and the putting away.  I'm a pro at wash, dry, dump-it-in-a-basket, but then I will stare the basket(s) down, trying to will the clothes to jump out and fold themselves.  Another thing I'm not fond of is untidy dresser drawers.  One of the things the older kids have to do around here is put away their clean laundry, which mom has slaved over.  I smile with satisfaction at the empty basket they hand me, only to find they've crammed every single thing that was neatly folded into one drawer.  So, this circles back to me usually just putting it away for them.  I guess it also gets under my skin because it is truly the job that is never done.  With 6 people in our house there's always a load of laundry to be done.  Especially when the men around here think they have to change clothes 2 or 3 times a day.  Not to mention the dancing queen, whose wardrobe consists of endless sequined, glittery, ruffly things, that have to be hung to dry.  Ok, rant over.  My point is, that instead of folding this today







I made this instead. 



I have found tons of cute, free printables lately, so when I found a cheap frame and a clearance can of spray paint at WalMart, I knew today was the day.  I printed a cute chick from sandy toes & popsicles and taped it on a sheet of construction paper.  I painted my frame and glued on some flowers.  With our never ending supply of rhinestones around here (compliments of Mia) I glued those to the center of my flowers. 
     I also blame my sudden burst of creativity not only on my overflowing laundry basket, but the fact that we have begun to build our house.  I always get antsy when we get started, and my hankering for decorating kicks in.  Being in a rental house I can't really decorate like I would in a home of our own, so I look for small projects like this one.  It will get so bad before the end that I will practically hot glue everything in sight! 
     Another new laundry-avoiding hobby is looking for small things that will go into our new house.  I've found a few things at thrift shops around town, but I'm really looking forward to our town's flea market, which happens to start Friday night.  I think it's fairly new to our area, and I've never been, so if any of you local girls want to go just give me a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment