Tuesday, June 12, 2012

So, It's Summer

     Usually I would have written a thousand posts about our flurry of summer activity we've had thus far, but I have not had a minute to sit down until just now.  That's right, since May 24th I haven't had 5 minutes to sit and breathe.  Ok, a little exaggeration, but not much.  The first week out of school we swam it up.  Then Mia got swimmer's ear.  Not just "put in some  OTC drops and she'll feel better" swimmer's ear.  We were up every 2 hours for 4 nights in a row with Mia crying the pain was so bad.  We went to the doctor.  Twice.  They finally had to put a cotton wick in her ear to get the medicine to the right spot.  Now that that's over she's been going non stop.
     Our house has also slowed down our summer fun.  We should be moving into it in a couple more weeks, so now we're dealing with all the little things that seem to drag out and never get done.  I haven't seen my husband in 2 weeks, except when he comes home from work to change clothes, then he's off to the house to work some more.  I thought building last time around was bad since I was pregnant with Everett and supposed to be on bed rest, but this time has been much more stressful for some reason.
     The kids had VBS last week at church, and I didn't sign up to help since Everett hates class and would have had to go to the nursery if I was there.  Little did I know that a million things would need to get done that week while Jeremy was at work, so it was really a blessing that Everett and I had some free time.  Every morning we'd drop the kids off at 9 and then Jeremy would start calling us with our "to do" list.  Let's just say that those long, 3 hour car trips, running all over creation were not Everett's idea of a good time.  They were however moderated with mini oreos, which always helps.  Yes I know 10 a.m. is too early for oreos.  I was desperate.  Don't judge me.  The kids had a great week at Bible school and learned a ton about some of the "Fantastic Faithful" men of God through the scriptures.  They got to invite lots of friends and we even got to take some of them swimming at Nana's house afterward.

My crew before the Sunday night closing program

Maudie and Mia

     This week Mia is going to Mini Majorette Clinic at the high school and she is loving it.  We had to dig my old baton out of storage (and when I say storage I mean one of the thousands of boxes that are currently stacked to the ceiling in the garage of our rental).  The high school team is teaching the girls lots of tricks and a dance, all of which we get to see on Friday.
     Jackson left this morning for church camp.  They will be gone until around lunchtime Thursday.  He always gets a little nervous leaving home, but 2 of his best friends went with him, so I'm sure they'll have a blast.  It's lots of hiking, swimming, getting completely filthy, so he loves it.  I did remind him to try to take at least one shower while he's there, but he made no promises.

Jackson, Max, and Dawson ready to go

Going over rules for the bus and getting ready to pray before departure

The lucky 5th grade boys got to help load the bus!

     Parker and Everett are pretty much just chillin' with mom for now.  Day camp will start for Parker at the end of June, so he's excited about that.  That's also for Mia's age group, but she's debating on taking a sewing class that's the same day as one of the camp days, so we will see what she ends up doing.  Parker also turns 5 on Thursday.  It seems unreal that he is ready to start school in a couple of months.  He's having a swimming party at Nana's on Saturday and he can't wait to see his preschool friends that he's invited.
     So, it's a busy summer so far.  Hopefully a few weeks from now I will be posting pictures of us in our new home.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment