Thursday, August 30, 2012

School Days . . . Week 2

     We are once again back to the old routine.  The smell of pb&j wafts through the house around 6 a.m. every morning as I start to pack lunch boxes.  I then go to Mia's room and drag her out of bed by her ankles and literally stand her up.  She then promptly falls to the floor and tries to go back to sleep.  I roll my eyes at her and turn her light on as I leave to wake the boys up.  I go to Jackson's room and usually after a few taps on the shoulder he is awake.  I make him sit up and open his eyes before I go to Parker's room.  Ahhh, Parker!  My only morning person of the bunch.  This is why I save him for last.  I sit on his bed and tap him on the shoulder.  He stretches, climbs up in my lap, gives me a big hug and says, "Good morning mommy, what's for breakfast?"  We then begin the breakfast-brush teeth-get dressed-brush hair-make beds routine.  Sometime in the middle of this craziness Everett usually wakes up ready for breakfast.  Everyone is usually ready by 7 a.m. which leaves them a few minutes to play/chill before carpool at 7:15.  Jeremy's hours have changed this week, so he has to be at work at 7 a.m. instead of 6.  The kids love getting to see him before they leave for school and vice versa.
     This week Parker had to make a person that looked like him and we wrote about a few of his favorite things.  They are doing an "All About Me" unit so everyone gets to know each other a little better.  He's never been one to want to sit down and do homework, and this project was no exception!  We finally got him to sit down and work on it the night before it was due.  Jackson, Jeremy, and I all had to help to keep him interested.


     I got to help at kindergarten this week, which I love.  The first few weeks of lunch with hundreds of 5 and 6 year olds can be pretty crazy, so a few moms always help out.  All the kids have their own lunch number that they punch into the computer, so they're trying to get used to that.  And then there's milk.  Those little cartons can be tricky, so we spend most of the time helping to open them.  I got a little teary eyed watching my sweet boy go through the lunch line and carry his tray to his table.  They get big so fast!




     This week also starts spirit day, which is usually on Friday.  It just happened that the game this week is tonight, so all the kids got to dress in their Trojan colors (red & black) for school.  Mia, ever the fashionista, wanted her face painted, so we got artistic this morning.







     Meanwhile, back at home, Everett and I are doing a lot of this:


     With our first full week of school almost behind us we are looking forward to a nice 3 day weekend.  Happy Labor Day and Roll Tide!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment