Saturday, August 11, 2012

These are a Few of my Favorite Things . .

     I am finally getting most of the rooms in our house pulled together like I want to, so I decided to blog about some of my favorite spots.  Here we go:


Laundry room:
Every kid has their own basket that they are responsible for.  As you can see, they are full as usual.  There's also enough room in each cubby for backpacks to go once school starts back week after next.

 Den:
Our first house with built in bookshelves.  I'm loving the extra space in these!


Bathroom:
I love my tub!  Jeremy did the tile work around the wall, and it has great light with the glass blocks.

Kitchen corner:
I finally refinished the little table to go underneath all my framed recipes.  I found it for $17 at a local antique store.  I painted and distressed the bottom in a rusty red, and sanded and restained the top in a medium gunstock.  It just fits in this space.

Mia's room:
I made her window valance by tying scraps of fabric onto a ribbon.  Super easy, and it brought in all the colors she loves.  Then we framed her doorway with a lot of her art.  We used command strips with velcro, so she can change the pictures out as often as she likes.


Reading room:
I didn't want a "formal" living room, so for now we're calling it a reading room.  It has lots of things I love in it, including the green console I got from a local friend.  The little chicken coop I found at a small thrift store and Jeremy put wheels on it for me.


Across from my reading room are shadow boxes of all my children.  I put them together last week, and I love them!  The gowns they came home in, card from their hospital bassinet, caps, shoes, embroidered cloth diapers, and locks of hair from 1st haircuts are some of the things I included.


Back Porch:
Jeremy bought be the swing, and we've spent lots of time out here already!  The drawing of the eagle was done by his cousin.  He also does carvings of various birds and sells some for hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Too bad Jeremy didn't inherit any of those carving skills, ha ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment