Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Blank Canvas




     A literal blank canvas.  There it was, sitting in my living room, staring at me, scaring me to death.  Our small group ladies from church came over last Thursday night for a Cookies and Canvas party.  Everyone brought cookies to share, and Felicia Plunket at A Blank Canvas provided us with hours of fun while she helped us paint our fall inspired pumpkins.  Everyone is my family is artsy except for me, so when I told them we were having a painting party they were all pretty iffy (is that a real word?  Don't care.  I'm using it.) about it.  Mia even offered to stay and help me!  So, with all that family confidence behind me, I said a little prayer and forged ahead.
     Needless to say, Felicia is amazing!  Most of us had never painted (besides walls in our homes) and she taught us lots of tricks to make our masterpieces come out looking like, well, masterpieces!  Mia came in as we were finishing up and asked me where my pumpkin was.  I pointed to it and she said, "No really, where's the one you painted."  I took that as a good sign! I got so wrapped up in the painting, that I forgot to take a picture of our cookie table, but it was amazing.  We had tons of cookies.  Andes mint, lemon glazed, peanut butter, shortbread squares, chocolate pudding, and these are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head!
     It is great getting to know this group of ladies from church.  Some I have known for years, and some I'm just getting acquainted with.  It's amazing how we can all be at relatively different stages of our life, and have so much in common through the bond of a Savior.  Not everyone got to come, but I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for our little class through the rest of the year!


Getting Started



This is one that Felicia painted. 
She brought it to make us feel bad inspire us.

Amanda, feeling very artistic




Sarah can do it all!





We did it!


Just a small sample of what Felicia can do!






No comments:

Post a Comment