Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mia's 8th Birthday


     It's that time of year again.  I feel like I've just recovered from last years sleepover, and it's already time for another!  The Friday before Mia's birthday she had 12 girls come spend the night.  We had planned to have a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood that afternoon, but a cold front came in just as the girls were getting dropped off, so we had to nix that idea.  The girls painted picture frames and canvases.  They also did makeovers.  Let me just say they need lots of practice!  After supper they decorated their own cupcakes, watched movies, and squealed through the house until around midnight.  When I finally made them all lay down, there were 13 girls in Mia's bedroom.  3 in the bed, 2 in the closet, the rest scrunched around in the floor.  The boys spent the night at Nana's so we had the entire house to ourselves, but they wanted to all sleep together.  I cleaned up around the house and then dozed off on the couch around 1:30 a.m.  I was pretty sure that 2 of the girls were going home sometime during the night, and wasn't going to be surprised if there were more than that.  I woke up around 5 a.m. on Saturday and they were all still there.  The only thing that seemed to have happened during the night was that they had migrated all over the house.  There was one on the opposite couch from me, 3 in the extra room, 1 in Parker's bed, and 2 under the dining room table.  I was just happy to have gotten a couple hours of sleep!  We had breakfast and tried to pack up all the girls things before time to go home.  They all had a great time and said they were ready to do it again soon.  I think as long as I can keep it to once a year, I'll be alright.  Happy Birthday Mia Claire!













No comments:

Post a Comment