Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Projects & Decorations

     Every year the we make an ornament, but this year we did an art project.  I pinned it on pinterest a few months ago and then stumbled on it again as I was looking around.  Jeremy and Everett weren't too crazy about getting their hands painted, but they consented to make our pretty tree.



     Jeremy was out of town one night this week for work, so we passed the time by making our gingerbread village.  We had 6 little houses, so the kids drew straws to pick the one they wanted.  Jackson drew the short straw, so he got to do 2. 


     We've had our tree up for weeks, but I haven't had time to take a picture of it.  So here it is, tacky star and all.


     I also have this gold tree.  My Mamaw gave my mom and me these trees a couple of years ago, but I've never known what to do with mine.  This year I hauled it out and gave it a shot.  The kids say it looks like a Dr. Seuss tree.  I don't know if I like it or not, but it's up and it's there, so it's staying. 



     I also got an early Christmas present from mom when we went shopping a while back.  I have never had a big nativity, and I fell in love with this one.  My taste lean toward the more primitive, and this is all hand made out of wood.  I'm hoping they will have some of the other pieces on sale after Christmas so I can add to it.


     And just for posterity's sake, here's the mantle.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment